Friday, February 25, 2011

Fairies

After Doodle for Google, we were assigned to take a picture (or 2) and turn someone in it into a fairy. To do this, I took the photo outside (the girls are in my class), then found a tutorial on the Internet for creating sparkles. The sparkles needed 3 layers, and I found that one of them (which added a blueish glow effect) was great for drawing the outline of the wings. The insides of the wings are simply a white paintbrush on new layers set to 33% Opacity. I originally planned to have them make the bushes behind them flower, but I found that the resolution was too low to do that, so I improvised and added the peace sign using the same layer I used to draw the outlines of the wings.

As anyone following this blog has surely figured out by now, Mr. Sands has us answer 6 questions for every major project (and a few of the smaller ones this this one). Here are the answers to the ones not addressed in the paragraph above:

I thought this was fairly successful. The wings turned out great and although I couldn't do what I originally planned, the girls in the photo like the peace sign. If I did this again, I would take a higher-resolution picture so I could do what I planned. The hardest part was drawing the wings. And to make this I learned how to create a brush and about Gaussian Blur.

No comments:

Post a Comment