Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Advertising the Revolution

Mr. Sands asked us to create 3-D images of one of our simplified images. Since the idea was basically to have a logo, I think the assignment implied advertising. You can't really advertise a revolution the same way you would some other things, so I started with making the ring, which looks a bit like the rubber bands some clubs at my school (in particular, the ones that send money overseas to stop genocides or whatever). I then tried to Warp the image and make it into a banner:
I don't know how to make good wrinkles in Photoshop yet.

After this I needed one more, so I made a pop can, although I can't imagine why a logo for the Middle East revolutions would end up on a pop can:

I created the can and ring using a basic Photoshop tool. I thought the ring turned out well and the banner and the can turned out okay.

For Mr. Sands:

The 3-D shape generator on Photoshop gave me mixed results. It worked well for the ring and can but not for a hat or cone. If I did this again I might try to figure out how to change the colour of the pop can. The hardest part was trying to Warp the logo so that it looked like it was on a banner. I learned how to use the "3-D shape from Layer" feature in Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment