Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Disco

This is what all the brush tutorials have been leading up to. I used Hue Jitter, which gave me the different colours for the Lego blocks, to create the electric effect in the dancers, which are the outlines of me and a girl in my class. I set the jitter to 50% and the brush colour to red (ff0000) and cyan (00ffff) and set the controls for both size and opacity to Pen Pressure (I used a tablet) to create the illusion of depth. To fill the dancers' outlines, I used a brush I made from a picture of sodapop to fill them with pop. The only reason for this is the assignment had to have a "Beverage" theme. Then I used Outer Glow, setting the colour to white for the disco ball and, again, red and cyan for the dancers. The lightning going between the dancers and the ball was a spontaneous idea, but I think it really brought out the effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment