Friday, March 4, 2011

Textification

The assignment was to make something entirely out of text. Mr. Sands let me keep the oval in the middle (which is supposed to be an inter-dimensional portal or whatever else you decide) because it looked cool and there's no way to turn it into text without detracting from the effect. Basically for this, I took a photo of a classmate and used Type Mask to cover him with his name, then inverted the selection and pressed delete. Then I used Copy and Paste and Flip Horizontal and Invert to get the picture on the left. Everything worked as I wanted it to (except a small hitch when I accidentally set the horizontal stretch on the Type Mask to 0% and it took me a while to realize why the etxt wasn't showing up), and, thanks to a cool font I found last year on an old diskette, I think it turned out quite well. The only thing I could really have done better is use a smaller font size to show more detail.

Once again, the answers to Mr. Sands's 6 questions. 4 of them were addressed in the paragraph above:

The hardest part was finding someone who wanted to be turned into text. To make this, I learned how to use Type Mask, and I fooled around with Outer Glow on the oval.

No comments:

Post a Comment